Friday, June 20, 2008

on the road again

Today Colleen and I departed Phoenix en route to Nashville via Interstates 10, 20, 30, and 40.












Day 1: I 1o to I 20, AZ, NM, west TX. This familiar terrain is dry desert with mountains on the horizon--not the prettiest to take pictures of (with my camera/from the perspective of the car, at least) and it was especially hazy today. Gas report from the road: low $3.77, high $4.49 - both in Arizona.






Panda, ready for another cross-country trip - an experienced traveler.















Healthy road snacks! Thanks, Google.















Colleen captured this picture. No guns allowed.
















An open air rest area bathroom - national park style. I am glad a) I was not here alone and b) it wasn't after dark.















All haze on the horizon - in New Mexico, I think.















West Texas, not far past El Paso, dry and deserty















A-little-less-west Texas, a little more green

1 comment:

Sarah Marie said...

Awesome road photos!