Monday, January 21, 2008

getting to know the neighborhood

Today we checked out South Mountain Park, which according to wikipedia is one the nation's and world's largest urban parks. It is only about a mile and half from Kris's apt (his balcony faces South Mountain). There are several trails and on such a lovely day as today, many people were out. We will definitely be going back, as it is nice to have something local to do that gets one off the couch and away from the TV.

At the bottom














Making our way up














Looking south, back down over Ahwatukee. The path in the middle left of the picture is where we came from















The top of the ridge provided views of the suburban sprawl. This is looking north toward Phoenix.














Cactuses, of course

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe it's CACTI, not CACTUSES!!

Sarah Marie said...

I second what Sissy said.

Katie said...

I will direct you both to a previous post: http://underthetucsonsun.blogspot.com/2007/01/obligatory-pictures-with-cactuses.html

Also, taking a cue from the undergrad I was sitting next to, according to dictionary.com, cactuses is an accepted plural form.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cactus

:P