While I do miss Tucson, California has been great. I had a nice 2 week "vacation" for the first half of July - during which I was fortunate to get a job interview and get the job. Also I have been doing the standard new resident things:
-Get a driver's license within 10 days by passing a written test, getting a piece of paper, and waiting for the license to come in the mail
-Enjoy South Bay weather with walks and time by the pool
-Weekly trip to the farmers' market
Plus lunch at Google :)
My job is 4 days in a week in San Francisco. I get to have Friday as my non-work day, which is great because I can continue going to the San Jose Farmers' Market. Walking home from the farmers' market today I realized something that marks a difference between AZ and CA: In AZ, I would get Naked juice regularly to increase my fruit intake. In CA, when I was Google last week, I picked up a juice on my way out - and it is still in the fridge unopened. The farmers' market here provides abundant fruit that tastes amazing and fresh - and is much more enjoyable than a bottle of juice. Yes, I am spoiled.
Last week's produce + fresh feta ($17)

Today's bounty ($16)

Plan for the afternoon: get in some quality pool time and later, go to the library to return and pick up books for the commute (1 hour on the train, 30 minutes on the light rail). Happy weekend!
2 comments:
I am jealous of your farmer's market! Although, mine's not too bad...
Also jealous of your market prizes! Our CSA here (not Jean and Carol) is giving us the most sad-looking produce...How do you cook your okra, Katie?
Post a Comment